About James Fletcher
James has been described as “A package of excellence, wrapped up in the nicest bloke you’ll ever meet”.
He believes passionately in helping people to identify their signature strengths and use these to realise their full potential – so much so that he left his high-powered legal career to start Alta Pete.
James is also:
- an accredited organisational coach with the Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership as well as being a member of the International Coach Federation;
- a Herrmann certified practitioner in the use of the Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument;
- an accredited practitioner in the Strengths Deployment Inventory and High Performance Trait Indicator;
- a holder of Training and Assessment qualifications (Certificate IV in Training and Assessment), he also holds a Diploma in Government;
- a qualified Barrister and Solicitor.
He gives a lot of his time to the community. since 2010 he has been a volunteer with SVDP’s Compeer program – a peer mentoring scheme to provide companionship to socially isolated people with a mental illness.
What adds a great deal of value is that James draws extensively upon his own personal experiences, for example:
- in assisting people considering making a career transition, James speaks about his own transition from senior executive lawyer to full-time consultant in a different industry – with a focus on the tips that help make for a successful transition;
- in helping leaders, James calls upon his experience in managing legal teams of as many as 30 lawyers, and his leadership of legal projects such as important social policy legislative development projects.
Three interesting facts about James:
- James holds a black belt in traditional Okinawan Goju Ryu karate. He visited Okinawa in 2016 and again in 2019, and he loves the core values of Goju Ryu –especially the philosophy of ‘Never Give Up’.
- Whilst he now calls Canberra home, he hails from Perth. At least once a year, you will be sure to
find him sipping coffee on the Cappuccino Strip in Fremantle!
- Even though his greatest love is his family (including his 3 beautiful daughters), another love is
kayaking the pristine waters of the NSW far south coast.
Want to chat? I would love to hear from you – simply:
Also, while you are at it, feel free to connect on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-fletcher-altapete/